Saturday, September 11, 2010

departure time!

DALLAS - ATLANTA - AMSTERDAM - ENTEBBE - KAMPALA

the time is here for me to head to the airport. check in. get settled into my seat. and journey across the ocean. i can't wait to see what has been waiting for me there. many days have been leading up to this and i am so thankful it's time. 

my heart is full for many reasons. but today i got a glimpse of what i may be doing for the next 2 weeks...i got to hold my friends 2 day old baby. if he only knew the precious family he has been born in to. if he only knew the love and tender care his parents have been giving him already. if he only knew how much joy and a blessing he is to so many! it's simply beautiful when you think about it. 

and then as i was talking to a dear friend of mine on the phone, i was thinking through that today was almost foreshadowing the next 2 weeks. i will be holding babies that have been recently born and up to 2 year olds. but the kids in the orphanage don't know the life they have been born into. they don't know they've been abandoned. neglected. unwanted. mistreated. unloved. and to their families..they are a burden. my heart breaks thinking about it and i can't even begin to imagine what i will be feeling when i have to walk away from them. 

i don't really know what to expect honestly. i don't really know what all i will be doing there. but that is part of the adventure in it all. not knowing forces me trust Him more. God has been so good in bringing me to this point. i can't wait to see all what He shows me in Uganda. 

i will try to update my blog as much as i can, but i am not sure if there will be internet. i will send either twitter updates, a fb post, or emails if and when i get a chance. thanks for all the prayers and encouragement! 

and as my friend wrote in her text tonight "live unsafe" (meaning trust the Lord in ways you never thought - He will come through)....that is how i will end this...

For His Name, 
joy

No comments: