Saturday, November 19, 2011

a few recent thoughts

He draws us back every time. He gently reveals to us more of who He is. He lovingly guides us with each step. He holds us in His hands. He makes us more like Him through everything we endure. He continues to show me that my life on this earth is not about me for one minute. It has nothing to do with my life. but it's ALL about Him. everything is pointing back to Him. EVERYTHING. from the way the sun rises over the hills in kampala. from the birds chriping, to the sound of rain hitting the ground, to my attitude towards each person. to my words that leave my mouth. it is all for the praise of His name! 

i have grown up in a culture with a "want it now" mentality that i wish i didn't automatically have. i instinctively set goals to accomplish and want to see results soon. and now, here i am in a completely opposite culture of what i am used to. a culture of "slow and steady". i'm seeing something i didn't before though. i'm seeing that my wants are self-centered and selfish. i'm wanting to accomplish certain goals and see results. however, i have to ask myself the question, "what am i ultimately striving for? self fulfillment or God's?" i recognize that no matter how monotunous something may be, God asks desires for me to be faithful! to be faithful in the small things. to be faithful in today. don't get overwhelmed with the larger picture. but just be faithful on a daily basis. and believe He will fulfill His purposes for me.

it's so easy to say and more difficult to live out. i have to believe that God would not bring me where i am today if He wasn't working. i have to believe that He is working all things together for His good and purposes. my prayer is that my spirit will be sensitive to when He speaks and to move in action accordingly. i have to die to myself everyday and choose to be faithful, obedient, and patient. 

i'm thankful to serve a God who is always for me and draws me back to Him through all things.

He is making me more like Him and that is what i would choose over anything else!

No comments: