Monday, December 26, 2011

'tis the season to embrace

when your time is limited you truly cherish every moment. not that i haven't before but even more now.

i have been home with my family for about a week and half. it has been so wonderful to be with them. i haven't done much other than that. :) i hit the ground running with different events..a wedding, christmas parties, and a full house of family. my soul has been refreshed & i am so thankful.

as this season comes around each year, i can't help but look back over the year. many milestone markers and events that remain significant. each one is a stepping stone. each one lead by the Lord. each one, whether difficult or not, is good and for God's ultimate purpose for me and my life. so as my family and i entered this christmas season, i thought about what we did last year and how different and/or similar they are...

last year i was living with my parents
this year i am only home for a few short weeks from uganda

last year i drove home on christmas eve from austin after a surprise engagement for one of my best friends.
this year i drove home on christmas eve from a dallas hospital with my parents after spending half the day there getting dad an IV pic line

last year my family was at ease with no new signs of recurrent cancer in my dad
this year my family battles on a daily basis the effects of recurrent cancer in my dad and how it has come back with a vengeance

last year i was looking ahead to all the adventures and the journey the Lord would take me on in 2011
this year i look back and stand in awe of the journey. i am overwhelmed with HIS goodness. HIS faithfulness. HIS mercy. HIS strength. HIS steadfast love for me. HIS ways of speaking to my soul. HIS kindness in the relationships i have built. HIS sovereign leading.

this year as it is ending, i hold tightly to the time i have with my family. with my dad. God knows our days and He will not allow us to be in His presence until He is finished using us for His purpose! the Lord Jesus is our foundation and our blessed hope.

this year, i look ahead to 2012. i look to Him who steers my life. i look forward to finding more strength in Him who gives it. i look forward to all the days ahead that are already planned and ordained. i fix my eyes on Christ, for no matter what 2012 may bring, i will have hope and joy. i will rest in Him as i embrace all that He has for me. may there be celebrations of all what God does. for everything is about HIM and to exalt HIS Holy Name!

for His glory & praise,

joy

No comments: