Friday, February 1, 2013

engagment story

since i was young i have always dreamed about my wedding day. i always dreamed of the man i would marry. who he would be like. what qualities he would have. how i would be treated. and even what he looked like. i begin to develop a vision for it and i have been praying for him since i was young.

i have watch so many others get engaged. find a dress. plan for their wedding. and even stood beside many friends, as they make a vow to the man standing next to them. i have longed to be that girl in white. to walk down the aisle with her daddy next to her. i have longed for a man to love me as Christ loves the church. i have longed for that day to yes and make a vow. to become one. to serve the Lord with the man God chose for me.

on december 21, 2012, after being sent on a scavenger hunt all around town. i stood in the center of a beautifully lit gazebo with the man that i have come to love with all my heart. i gazed into his eyes as he knelt before me and asked me to marry him. i finally was given the chance to say YES!






my heart is so full and continues to be overwhelmed with the goodness of God and His love for me. soon i will get to put on my dress, walk down the aisle towards the man God has chosen for me. soon i will stand before family and many friends and make a covenant with jordan as we join together as one in Christ.

just 57 days to go!! 

www.joyjordan.ourwedding.com

No comments: