Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am filled with joy because of Him!

Hey Y'all...

Well it's been a little crazy and hard the past 12 days, but good! All I can say is that God is good and He is the one helping me through each day. I am going to try to give you an update on what the Lord has been teaching me...

First of all, the Lord has been opening my eyes up to view things from His perspective and look to find His purposes on earth. God desires for His people to bring Worship to His name! Missions is not the desire of God's heart...Worship is! Our Heavenly Father yearns for His people and children to bring praise and worship to Him. That should be our hearts desire...to worship our King and Savior with all that we are. Knowing that concept should be our reason for missions!

As Paul describes in Philippians that he finds joy in where he is, even if that is in prison. He states that he is a servant of God...he is saying that he is a bondservant! A bondservant is someone who gives up their rights to humbly follow another completely. Just as servants in the Old Testament were marked by their master and gave up their rights, God marks us to show the world that we are His! It is our joy to be marked by Him!

Ok so now for the update on Camp Life stuff...well we have our first team meeting coming up this Sunday (Feb. 24) in Dallas at Watermark! I am so excited about finally getting to fellowship with those who are joining together to go love the precious children in Zambia. The first meetings are always a bit crazy, but so fun! I have been trying to touch base with the group I am overseeing as we get closer to doing camp. I love hearing everyone's enthusiasm and joy in their voice. I have also been getting notified weekly on the support that has been coming in. I want to stop and thank you all for either supporting me so far and/or praying for the entirety of the trip! I have seen the Lord begin providing and it overwhelms me of just how good He has been!

Keep praying my prayer warriors for God to continue providing what is needed for all those called to go! Pray for confidence, peace, trust, boldness, fear to be taken away, safety and for the kids we will get to interact with! Pray for hearts to begin softening and receptive to God's word! Just to let you know...there are about 500+ Americans going throughout the summer to Zambia, which means about 10,000 orphans will get to come to camp!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!

"I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High!" 
Ps. 9:2

YOU ARE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST!

I'll be talking to you all soon!! Know that I'm thankful for you!

joyfully marked by Him,
Joy

No comments: