Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ready or Not...

"How Beautiful are the feet of those 
who bring the Good News!"
Romans 10:15
Hey Friends and Family...
Well I am down to the last 3 days!! I can't believe it!! Things have been a bit crazy to say the least...

I finished working at Kanakuk June 25 and made a quick transition home. The last 2 weeks of camp were awesome!! We went on trip (which is a 4 day "out of camp" trip) that included 2 days of hiking, repelling, caving, and playing in the river and then 2 days of wake boarding, tree tops, cliff jumping and the challenge course. Going on trip unifies your cabin in ways that are indescribable. I loved watching my girls interact together and challenge each other in every way! Once we got back from trip, we had the pentathalon and closing ceremonies with all the parents. One of my favorite memories of trip was when we did the challenge course. This course includes a variety of obstacles that you have to do as a cabin. My cabin had the 4th fastest time in camp history and top fastest time of the summer!! We did it in 42 minutes!! (Which is pretty darn fast!! ) Ok well I just had to brag on my girls for a second! 
(here is a picture of my cabin!!)

Since I've been home from camp, I have been going 90 miles a minute! I went to see my sister in New Braunfels, had one of my favorite friends (Bekah Brinkley) come visit me for a few days, drove to Waco to see another one of my friends, 4th of July at my aunt's lake house, and then trying to pack for Africa on top of it all!! It's been a fun week though! 
(This is me and Bekah at Camp! Just so you know we were 
dressed up for a party, we don't normally look like this! haha)

Amongst the busyness, I am definitely trying to prepare myself mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually for Zambia. Having gone last summer, I know the culture I am about to enter and how overwhelming it can be. Honestly, it has been a bit difficult because of what and who I'm leaving...knowing that I won't be here for my Dad's Surgery on July 22 is so hard for me to be okay with it! I will be able to have contact with my family through a cell phone, but not being physically there is different. I do know, and believe, the Lord has called me to go this summer! I believe that God is sending me with a message of hope for these kids who are struggling with disease themselves or have loved ones who are struggling with a disease. Please pray that God will speak through me and touch the lives of so many who need hope!

My plane leaves from DFW at 5:30pm on July 8...
Please pray for:
*Safe Travel
*Strength/Energy each day
*My heart to be ready for the 
quick transition to that culture.
*The kids coming to Camp Life!
*God to reveal Himself in big ways!

I am going to try to post again before I leave, but if not I will as soon as I get there!! Thanks again for being such a constant support in my life! I pray the Lord is showing Himself to you through all of this!! Love you all!

Going to make Him known,
Joy
"Still...let me be still.
Know that You are God and
You're always enough.

Still...I want to be still.
To take all that I am and 
Simply lift it up."
-Watermark-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy!
Well you sure have been busy! I will keep you lifted up as you take off around the world. I look forward to hearing all that you have done. I will also continue to pray for you being away from your dad and family as they walk through this trial. You all will never know this side of heaven all of the people that have been blessed by seeing the strength and faith in your mom and dad. I continually pray for them. I love you!
Brenda

Brian and Jessica Ross said...

We're praying for your journey and the lives you will touch! We love you and miss you!