Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The adventure ahead...

Hey Everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well. I know that it has been a while since I posted anything besides pictures, but I have been working on a video so that all of you can see what God did over in Zambia. I will be posting it soon...so check back in the next few days! 

My time back in the states has been good. Transitioning back into a culture that is so different than the one I had been in is always difficult, but I am finally back to the swing of things. I have been home for now 2 1/2 weeks and I can't tell you how much God has been teaching me through my experience in Zambia from being able to process back through everything that happened. 

As you all have kept up with my blog hopefully, you can see the Lord's hand in every step of my time in Zambia. I am blown away of how good He is and how He loves it when we say 'yes' to Him in order for us to join Him with the plans He has for us. That brings me to where I am today...I am not sure of the exact plans right now, but I do know that the Lord is leading me to work in full time missions. I have spoken several times with Greer and Holly (directors of Family Legacy & Camp Life) and from our conversations, I believe the Lord is leading me through a door that He will soon open. No word yet on if I get the job, but will keep you posted. I have been told that working with orphans in Africa is one of the most dangerous jobs out there and that as time goes on, it will only get harder. Harder in the sense of satan trying every way to keep God's word from going out to the people of the world. I have prayed through it and without a doubt, I know this is where God has called me. Just thinking about the opportunity ahead humbles me so much! I feel so honored to be able to be apart of the work of the Lord. He doesn't need me to do these things, but He chooses to use me as His hands and feet to rescue and restore His children 1-by-1. What better job than to go fight, love, rescue and restore orphans...

So as of now, I am simply waiting to hear from Greer and Holly. Family Legacy offices are located in Irving, Texas. I will be moving up in the area to be closer. I am not sure where or who I'm going to be living with, but I know God will open up something. I will also be on full-time support, so if you could begin praying for both a place to live and for support that would be great!

Please keep praying...
*Protection over my kids
*The truth of the Word of God to continue to be known
*My kids' boldness to witness to others in their communities (Kanyama & Kamanga)
*The Father and Mother who gave their life to Christ (Susan's Dad & Maggie's Mom)
*This is a pictures of Joseph, Junior, and Susan's Dad. 
He just received Christ as His personal Savior!

Thanks again for being such a huge part of my life and staying up to date on the work of the Lord. You all are a blessing! I will continue to use this to keep you updated with the journey ahead...

Love you all!

Honored to follow Him,
Joy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joy, This has been such a joy to read all that God has done through you. Thank you for listening to God's call. I am sure your heart and mind are still there! May God use you again and again to draw people to himself!
Love you,
Freddia

Anonymous said...

Joy, I'm sure there will be a thousand offers, but always know you are welcome to live with us as long as you need while you look for a permanent place. It would put you an hour and 20 minutes closer to Family Legacy. :-) I love your passion. I love you!
Judy

Anonymous said...

Dear Joy,

You are such a treasure! You bring great JOY to our hearts as you follow Jesus in His call on your life. We will pray for the exact doors to be opened for you to bear fruit in these childrens lives.
Love you, Steve & Brenda