Monday, August 25, 2008

The New Journey Begins..

Hey Friends and Family,

I wanted to let you all know as soon as I had a chance to that I am now officially working Full-Time for Family Legacy Missions International! It is located in Irving, Tx. (Close to Coppell, Grapevine, Colleyville). I meet with Greer and Holly today over lunch to discuss everything about what I would be doing and what it would all look like. I am so excited to say the least! I am so humbled that I get the opportunity to serve in a ministry that I love and where my passion is! While talking with Greer and Holly it was clear to see that the Lord has prepared me for this throughout my entire life. God has placed such a deep passion in my heart to love these kids, but love them through loving the Lord. I know this journey ahead will not be easy, but with the hardships come the true, rich rewards that only God can give.

With that, I begin working this coming Monday, Sept 1...yes, that is Labor Day! I am not sure where I will be living though...so please pray for that! I would love to live with a family who wouldn't mind a 23 year old young adult living with them as she follows her calling in this missionary life. I don't have much money in my bank account either, so that is something else to be praying about! With going on staff with Family Legacy, I will also be on full-time support. I believe 100% that the Lord will provide. There is not a certain amount stated, but enough to pay off everyday living expenses (i.e - insurance, food, gas, phone, etc). *If there is a certain amount, I will inform you all.

As what I will be doing for Family Legacy....the "title" is not exactly set yet, but I will serving in the capacity of a Communications Liaison both here in the States and in Zambia. I will be working with both Camp Life and the Sponsorship Program (Father's Heart). Basically, bridging the gap between those living in Zambia and those here in America. A great deal of relational skills will be required for this position. On top of that, there will be numerous projects and deadlines to meet depending on what I will be assigned. So my job will have multiple facets through it all, which is the exciting part!

I can't wait to finally be doing something I love and that I was born to do. God has been so good and faithful! I believe this is what I'm called to do for the rest of my life!
To serve the Lord by serving these kids!

Please be in prayer for:
*A Place to live (who that would be with and where)
*Financial Support
*The days ahead...God's provision, protection, etc

I am so thankful that you are continuing to journey with me as the Lord takes me on a new path. I praise the Lord for how He has used many of you to change so many lives. I am just a vessel for the Lord, carrying His message, and being His hands and feet! I am honored to be where I am. Thanks again for all of you!

Overwhelmed by His Love,
Joy

PS-Videos of Camp Life are on the side bar. Click the link and you will be able to watch them!
If you want to know more information about Family Legacy go to this website...

No comments: