Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Loving where I am...

Well I have been working with Family Legacy for a week now and I have been loving it! It has been a big transition for sure, but whenever you begin a new stage in your life there will always be transitions to go through.

Things have been a bit busy already. I am the Coordinator for the Father's Heart Sponsorship Program and I have the privlidge of communicating with those who are sponsoring children and the children themselves. I absolutely love it!! Being able to work for these children and partner with the Lord as I watch Him rescued 1 child at a time is so humbling. After working a week, it is so much more clear of why I am here and why I have been called to missions.

I'm sure you are wondering where I ended up living...well, my sweet aunt and uncle opened up their home for me to live with them until I find a more permanent place. They live in Hurst, Tx which is only about 20 minutes from my office. I am not sure how long I will be there, but I'm trusting the Lord will show me when I need to know.

I am hoping to get out my support letters next week. I have been working on them plus doing other things as well. (If you want a newsletter then contact me and I'll add you to the list.) We have had a major project that the entire Family Legacy Staff has been working on all week and weekend. We are hoping to be done tomorrow (monday). The project we are working on is to get all the 10,300 kids that we had this summer at Camp Life up online to be sponsored. If you are interested in sponsoring a child go to www.legacymissions.org and click on the Father's Heart Program and then explore to find a child to sponsor for $36 a month. If you would like more information then let me know.

I know this is short, but I wanted to let you know the updates. Please be in prayer for the support I need to raise and for future living situations. THANKS AGAIN for all of the support all of you have given me.
God has been so good and I am constantly in awe
of who He is and what He is doing.
With a Passion for Him,
Joy

No comments: