Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Days are flying by...

HEY!!! I can't believe that it's already been 2 weeks since my last update. I have been trying to make time to give you some good updates and NOW the time has come..haha..

Here's my Dad and I when I went home a few weeks back!
He's doing good, but just needs to put some pounds on!! :)

Okay so over the past couple of weeks I have finally adjusted my schedule and I'm finally on a good routine with work, hanging with friends, etc. One of those things has been going back to my high school (Keller) and watching Volleyball matches. I have loved it! It's hard to watch though and not want to jump on the court, but I had my time I guess.... plus, I am so out of shape anyways. Last Friday, Oct. 17, I went to a match and afterwards I was able to sit and talk with my Coaches about life. It was so great! I loved hearing how they were really doing and the ups and downs of the year. It really makes me want to coach!! :)

Another fun event that happened was the Kanakuk Reunion for Alumni the weekend of the Texas/OU game. Which by the way, those Texas Longhorns are looking good huh? :) #1...yay! Anyways, it is always refreshing to see kamp friends! This is a picture of some of the girls I got to hang out with. We went to lunch at McCalisters...Also, if you haven't been watching college football you are missing out!! If you didn't know already, I am a HUGE TEXAS FAN!! And if you get a chance to watch UT play, you need to! They always put on an exciting game!! I try to find a way to watch the games on the weekend!


Lastly, I wanted to show you where I live. This is my aunt and uncles house in Hurst, Texas. I have about a 20 minute commute to work. It's not bad if I can get on the road right before or after the traffic.

Isn't it cute?? :)

So that's it for now....I have multiple upcoming events here in the next few weeks that I will certainly give updates on!! I won't really have an open weekend until Thanksgiving though so that's a bummer but it's fun! I will take lots of pictures and try to be better about posting them.

Hope you have a great week!! By the way, some of the Family Legacy staff is over in Zambia right now and I am going to try to get them to send me a video of some kids to give you a fresh look at what's happening right now!

Be Blessed my friends!

Loving Jesus with all that I am,
Joy

No comments: