Monday, October 6, 2008

News from Zambia...

I am so excited to give you all an update on my kids that you all now know!!

~Maggie~
Well this is very exciting news!! This morning when I got to work I received an email from Paul Mulenga (He is one of my favorite Zambians, who actually worked with me a lot when I was there). He got to know all 5 of the kids: Maggie, Peter, Susan, Joseph and Junior. Anyways, I have been talking back and forth with him on the phone on how things are going over there. He told me last week that he was going to go visit my kids in Kamanga and then let me know an update on them. Soo...email I got was all about the kids. I immediately picked up the phone and called him. It is always so refreshing to hear the voices of Zambians! He told me that all of the kids are doing well. They all thought that I was going to be with him because I always had been when I came to Kamanga but not this time. He said that they were sad, but that he told them that I had been asking about them and praying for them. Paul said Maggie is now going to school!! If you remember, Maggie was just a street kid when I first meet her. Her mother told her that she couldn't go to school because she wanted Maggie to be a street kid. So many questions are asked "WHY?" but to tell you the truth, I don't know why she would want her daughter to not be educated. However, God has really been working in the lives of Maggie and her mom. Her mother came to know Christ on the last day I was there and NOW Maggie's mom is supportive of her going to school. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! My little girl is not on the streets anymore, she is in school. Praise the Lord for sponsorships! I feel so privileged to be able to help her go to school and begin to get educated.

As for the other ones, Paul said that they were all doing well. Not much change in their health, but doing okay. The parents seem like they are continuing to change in a positive way. The only sad part Paul said was that Maggie and Peter's Dad has been really sick and is going to the hospital soon. He said to be praying for him and the family. Paul also told me that he was going to talk with Teddy, one of the head administrators with Family Legacy in Zambia and make sure that these kids were being discipled and taken care of. What refreshing news to hear that my kids are doing good!! God is so good and He is watching over them every moment!!


Maggie

Susan

Peter, Junior, and Joseph
~Emma~
When I spoke with Paul, Holly and I asked about Emma. He said that he went to see her at the Lifeway Homes. When he got there, Emma came up to him and while giving him a big hug said, "Thank you Paul. Thank you so much for all that you have done! I am so happy and I'm so glad that I am here!" When I heard this, I almost cried. Knowing that Emma is doing so well and loving her "new home" and her "new life" humbles me so much! Praise the Lord for how He is constantly restoring her and all of the kids.

Emma (middle) with all her "new" sisters at Lifeway.

As for other testimonies that have been happening here at Family Legacy...we just found a little girl Margret after many weeks of trying to track her down! I got an email from our Zambian office and along with it was a precious picture of her and her grandma as well as a letter written to her American counselor. The sweet words of Zambian children are priceless and move me to tears. The Lord is really on the move and I am so humbled to be able to stand and watch Him do His work and rescue these children 1-by-1.

If any of you are interested in coming to Camp LIFE next summer or want to Sponsor a Child please contact me or look at the website: www.legacymissions.org

I will continue to keep you updated on new things that are happening! Also, I wanted to let you all know that the past week has been so much better on managing time at work, meeting up with friends, etc. God has been teaching me so much lately and I am so excited about this year! The Lord is already giving me glimpses of what is in store over the next few months. (Don't worry, I'll keep you updated on that as well!)

Thanks again for staying updated on my life and what God is doing!! You all are such a sweet blessing in my life!

Passionately His,
Joy

No comments: