Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's Necessary

The time spent behind a desk, starring into a computer screen for hours upon hours to achieve one thing. That one thing could be a project, locating information about a child, or simply sending an email. All these things are necessary for me each day. Each day I wake up and spend my day striving to make things better. Not just for myself, but for kids 10,000 miles away. They need me to spend these necessary hours so that they may have LIFE to the fullest. This picture became so clear to me that it's absolutely necessary for me to doing what I'm doing everyday. I may not see the reward on this side of heaven, but God sees the work that is being done for HIS kids. 
"God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and 
the LOVE you have shown HIM as you have helped HIS people 
and continue to help them." 
Hebrews 6:10

Necessary: 
not to be avoided. inevitable. absolute. essential. required. 
needed. not backing away. vital for the fulfillment of a need. 

Although it's necessary to do the work here. In our culture.
 In our country. It's also necessary to go. 
Go to the places you may not think is possible.
 Go to the areas that are uncomfortable
Go to the unreached people groups in the world
Go because its not an option
Go so that HE may do HIS work through you. 
Go so that God may use you as the 
ONE NECESSARY THING
 A voice for HIM and of HIS word. 
To be HIS hands and feet. 
To be a part of HIS story. 
The story of redemption, restoration, 
and being made NEW in Christ. 
His story is of LOVE. 
And HE has chosen YOU to be a part of it 
and to dwell with HIM in HIS house forever. 

2 comments:

Garrett and Stephanie Peters said...

I love what u wrote! It is encoraging and challenging, but it also makes me miss u co! But this post shows a small glimpse of why I love you! Your great! Press on sis!

Amber said...

Great post my sweet friend! I love it! Hope you are doing great! Love, Love!