Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Best Friends Wedding

What a weekend!! I just got back from one of my best friend's wedding in Arkansas! It was so much fun! I got up there on Wednesday night and Thursday morning, me and Stephanie hit the ground running with errands and working on final details for her Wedding. 

Thursday - Bachelorette Party!
All the girls in the wedding took Steph to one of her favorite places - Fuji House to get Sushi. The guy cooking our dinner on the Hibachi grill was...CRAZY!! He was flipping food in people's mouth, hair and just on you! It was a bit out of control, but we all had a good laugh. Afterwards we went over to Elaine's house (Stephanie's Mom's best friend) to spend the night. We had a lingerie party for Steph, hung out in the hot tube, and then watched a movie. It really was a great night to relax with everyone!

Friday - Bridal Luncheon, Rehearsal, & Rehearsal Dinner
When we woke up we had coffee on the deck overlooking Conway. I probably could've sat out there all day...Anyways, we left there and headed to the luncheon. We had good ole breakfast burritos, fruit, and cinnamon rolls. YUMM!! We had a few hours break until the rehearsal, but as the maid of honor...I had a "to-do" list! :) I ran all over Conway to have things set for the reception and the wedding itself. The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner both went great! It was a cowboy theme so I felt right at home. :) 
*At the Barn Church for the Rehearsal Dinner*
Saturday - The Wedding Day!
This day came quick and my job was to take care of the Bride!! Ha...I picked Stephanie up and went to get her hair done, then off the church to do make-up with the rest of the girls. Everything went smoothly. She was calm and just peaceful with things. She just couldn't believe that she was really getting married...
*The Beautiful Bride*

The ceremony was BEAUTIFUL! Garrett and Stephanie represented such a beautiful picture of how God uses relationships to show His love towards us. What was said about them, their roles as husband and wife, and their vows brought tears to my eyes. It just brought such joy to my heart in praise to the Lord for what He has done in them! 
*Mr. and Mrs. Garrett Peters...first dance!*
*The Reception...Crazy/Beautiful!! 

After the ceremony we took a few pictures and headed over to the reception...which was absolutely breathtaking!! I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Anyways, the food, music and dancing were all a blast. We were exhausted afterwards, but it was so worth it!! I could not be more excited for Steph and Garrett as they begin their lives together serving the Lord as one. They have become my best friends and the ways they have blessed my life and impacted me is really beyond words. God is going to use them in so many ways and I'm just thankful I was apart of this new season that has just begun for them...

Congratulations Garrett and Steph! I love ya'll! :)

PS - MORE Pictures and Videos to come.... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW, Joy! I finally sat down and read through your blog --- I love it! It seems as though everything at Steph's wedding was just perfect --- all of you looked so beautiful, and you and Stephanie's spirits were radiating from the inside out. God is so good that He's bringing both Steph & Garrett to Zambia this summer. I know that will mean alot to you! Hope you had a relaxing weekend. ;)

Love & Hugs,
Holly