Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Getting Closer

So this week has gone by quick...I have had days that have been great and then days that have been harder. I got to spend a few hours at Panera Bread which was so refreshing for me. The Lord spoke to me in many ways through HIS word...

"In YOUR unfailing LOVE,
 YOU will lead the
people you have redeemed. 
In YOUR strength 
you will guide them to
YOUR HOLY dwelling."
Exodus 15:13

The Lord says, "You will not have to fight this battle.
Take up your positions; stand firm
and see the deliverance the Lord
will give you..."

have FAITH in the Lord your God
and you will be upheld...

sing to the Lord and praise HIM
for the splendor of HIS holiness..."
2 Chron. 20:17, 20, 21

Reading through the 2 Chronicles verse was so encouraging for me because it is when God is speaking to Jehoshaphat and tested him in trusting the Lord to bring him through the battle he was up against. It brought Jehoshaphat to a much closer dependency and relationship with the Lord. And as he bowed down in reverence and waited upon the Lord, God was already in the midst of defeating the army ahead of Jehoshaphat. 

As I read this it became clear of where I am right now...not sure what is to come, but knowing that God ultimately knows and will lead the way. All I have to do is stand next to HIM and trust that HE will lead me in victory. He is the only one who can conquer all things and He is the only one who deserves the praise and honor! He wants me to trust Him enough and what I must do is stand and face it. And once I boldly do that...then with our very eyes we will see the goodness and faithfulness of God persevere with HIS deliverance. I hope you can take time to read these verses and let the Lord speak to you through them. 

I hope you all are doing well. My days are getting shorted until I leave...I'm now at 25 days! yikes! It is definitely hard to get everything done, see everyone I want to, and get prepared for this summer! As of the rest of this week...I'm spending my birthday (tomorrow - thursday) and Easter at home this weekend with my family. I am really looking forward to getting time with them! Have a great weekend!

Loving Jesus,
Joy

No comments: