Friday, April 24, 2009

Hustle and Bustle

Well life has not slowed down a bit! I have only 9 days until I head off to Zambia for 3 1/2 months. That is just crazy!!! I have been trying to work diligently in getting things done at work, but also trying to spend time with friends. Which I did have some of my closest friends come in town last weekend. It was so great to see both Stephanie and Garrett (I hadn't seen them since their wedding the beginning of March) and get to have some great fellowship with two of my favorite people. They came in on Friday afternoon and they took me out for a late birthday dinner at Cozymels (it has become of my favorite places to eat as well as a tradition when we all get together). Saturday morning we cooked breakfast and just got to talk about what we were learning about the Lord. We then packed up and went out to the lake that is near my house. We played a little football and then got to just sit by ourselves with the Lord. (Much needed by all of us!) That night we went to church at The Village and then hit up Starbucks on the way home. It was a great end to the night to sit and talk to one of my best friends about how we are both doing in the season and transition that we are in. I guess it's always a good conversation when there are both tears and laughter!! ha. Sunday we headed over to the last Camp LIFE meeting in Dallas. It was so fun to be with so many people who are coming to Zambia this summer. You could definitely feel the excitement from everyone there!

That about does it for this week. Everything is in full speed ahead! My packing has begun and my last minute trips to stores are in progress. I am heading to Waco on Saturday to several of my best friends before I leave. It's very bitter sweet, but I am so ready to be back in Zambia.

Please be praying for my health to stay up, for wisdom and discernment in making decisions, for the Lord to really use the gifts and passions in me to love on HIS kids, and for the Lord to reveal HIMSELF in new ways! It is a big summer ahead and I need all the prayers I can get.

Hope you all are doing well.

Serving HIM,
Joy

No comments: