Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I can't believe we are already in year 2010. Seems like yesterday when we were entering into a new millennium and now another decade is behind us. Wow...how time flies! Last night as I was watching on tv the New Years Eve countdown in New York City, I began to think about not only what I did this year but also over the past 10 years! 

A few events came to mind..

- I was 14 years old when my sister got married 10 yrs ago

- I graduated high school ('03)

- I graduated from Baylor ('07)

- I went to 5 bowl games that Texas was playing in (bro was for UT)

- I went to the National Championship Game in 2005 that the Texas Longhorns won

- I went to Zambia, Africa 3 different times

- I worked at Kanakuk 5 summers 

- I lived in Arkansas

- I have battled with my family in fighting my Dad's Cancer (so far, we are winning by the grace of God)

- I had 2 nephews and 3 nieces born

- And I have met the most incredible friends that I cherish so much! 

These are just a few memories that stick out from the past decade. God has brought me so far and I am so grateful for all that He has done in my life over the past 10 years! I am excited and looking forward to this year and all that God will do! 

Blessing to you all as you begin this new year! 

~Joy~


**A few days ago some of my friends came over. We cooked dinner and had a game night! Love these girls!

Jen, Sara, Sarah, and Me

Trying to be funny...I'm not quite sure we all got the memo



No comments: