Monday, January 11, 2010

The New Year brings New Adventures

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I have gotten distracted very easily over the past 10 days. Here's what has been going on the past week....

Jan 2-3 : Team Bonding Camping Trip (Pictures will be in next post)

Since the beginning of December I have been coaching a club volleyball team consisting of 12 freshman girls from a variety of schools. My head coach and I took them on an overnight team bonding trip. Throughout the entirety of our trip, we had the girls do various team building activities. From a volleyball trivia, to obstacle courses, to cooking together, to sitting by the fire, we managed to walk away with a greater understanding of each other. I loved it! It was so fun to watch people come together and find ways to overcome a difficult task. It made me more excited for this upcoming season in watching them grow not only as volleyball players, but as individuals.

Jan 4-8 : Babysitting, Volleyball Practice, Football Games

I started babysitting for this sweet Christian family in Fort Worth. The little girl I babysit is Cate. She is 8 1/2 months old and is cute as a button. I babysit her 4 days a week. Also, last week was our "official" week to begin volleyball practice in preparation for tournament play. We had our first tournament this past weekend. We ended up getting 9th place, which was pretty good for our first one. I love getting to coach and encourage these girls in a sport that I love! And as you all know there were many football games on during Bowl Week. Of course I watched the National Championship and was sad to see Texas loose.

This week : Game night with College roommates, Practice, Babysitting, Disciple Now

Last night (Sunday) I went to Dallas to get together with my college roommates and friends for a game night and a birthday party. It was so much fun to see them (plus their spouses and significant others)! I am looking forward to many more nights like it! I have practice on Monday and Thursday nights, babysitting Monday-Friday, and then a fun weekend of Disciple Now!! I get to hang out with the seniors this weekend. They are a great group of girls and I can't wait!

**One thing you all can be praying about is for the Lord to provide me with another living arrangement. I have been living with this sweet woman named Karen and God has provided for her in regards to her situation. An answer to prayer! Her son and his family will be moving in with her. What a blessing and provision from the Lord! I am beyond grateful for God's work and faithfulness of Him being Karen's constant provider and sustainer. Therefore, as Karen's son prepares to move in mid-February, I must prepare to move out. I am praying for guidance from the Lord and His timing in where I should move. I trust and believe the Lord will reveal and move before me in preparing the right place. (if anyone knows people or has suggestions, feel free to pass it along)

I hope all of you are off to a great new year!

Be Blessed today!

Bound in His love,
Joy

1 comment:

Blake Chilton said...

It's great to catch up with you. I am glad that you are well. I am going back to Africa in March! In Uganda and Sudan on Pastoral training trips - it should be amazing! Please tell your silly mom that i said hello. I really miss pestering her. Haha!

Blake Chilton