Monday, May 24, 2010

Celebrating!!

I love celebrating life with my friends! Every end of a season is just as sweet as the beginning of a new one. Early Friday morning I drove down to Austin, Tx to be with one of my best friends, Sarah Escamilla as she closed out her time at Texas. Her and I met 3 years ago in Zambia. God knitted our friendship together and has continued to bless it over the years! She is truly an "iron" in my life. She has consistently encouraged me, sharpened me, and walked beside me through it all!
Sarah loves her water fountains!

Friday night after the celebratory dinner with her sweet family, we parted ways and I headed down to New Braunfels to stay with my sister Jamie. And as an additional surprise, my other sister, JJ and her whole family were staying the night as well. It is the unplanned visits that are actually the best! All of us stayed up till the wee hours of the night talking. It was so great! I am so blessed with this family! Saturday we spent the morning talking over coffee and then eventually headed northbound on 35 back home.

Sunday was another day to honor those ending a chapter in their life. My senior girls in my small group were honored during church. Most of them only have one more week of their high school career. It's crazy to think that was me 7 years ago. Crazy how time flies! I am so incredibly proud of these girls and all they have done to get to this point. The next four years are even better! Congratulations girls!

Miss Jordan Garner is headed off to Oklahoma Baptist.

Miss Madeline French is headed to my Alma Mater...
BAYLOR!!

Miss Sarah and Amanda Barnard (my cousins' cousins)
are both going to Aggie land...A&M

Bible Study Girls..well some of us!


No comments: