Thursday, July 1, 2010

time spent well

i was in reno, nevada for 6 days with my volleyball team playing in the junior national volleyball championship. even though it seems extremely long. it actually went by very quickly. we were busy playing in our tournament. riding go carts. eating at different places. and enjoying each other's company. this was my last tournament with these girls and i didn't want to miss out on an opportunity.
*The view from my room*

*Post go-carting*

i was able to have some great conversations with my girls. i love how the Lord provides moments to sit down at the end of the day and talk about life. something about that brings joy to my heart. it truly was my favorite moment of the weekend. coaching kids in volleyball is one thing, but coaching kids in life is another thing. much greater responsibility. much sweeter time. and much more refining in both lives.

as the days came to a close i knew it would be another ending to a chapter in my life. such a learning season. my team finished 67th out of 128 teams so not too bad. even though we didn't finish where we wanted. there so much more we took away from it. at the end of it all, i walked away without a drop left to give. i hope my time was spent well investing into others. that is what i want to feel every time i'm finished with something. completely exhausted. without anything left to give.
*Final day of competition*

6 months. 10 tournaments. 50+ practices. new friendships that blessed me in every way...PRICELESS!


who knows what the next chapter of my life will hold...i am looking forward to whatever it may be...

1 comment:

bekah brinkley said...

i'll second that. i love that we're walking through life together right now. :)