Monday, October 4, 2010

worlds collide.

(picture: Lucy & I at Suubi Baby House)

There is no other way to describe it. When you leave one country and come back to the one you reside in. its hard to process. It’s hard to discuss with those who didn’t experience what you did. It’s hard to pick back up in life. It’s hard to go back to what you were doing when your heart is somewhere else. It’s hard to not be with the team you were with for 10 days straight. Not that I haven’t LOVED getting to talk to friends and family about my trip..it’s just hard when two completely different worlds collide.

(picture: Hope and I at Suubi baby house)

I literally hit the ground running a week ago and I can’t hardly grasp how quickly 7 days slipped by. It blows me away really.  It’s a blurr to say the least. To be thrown into so many things after being in a country that changes you is beyond difficult. I honestly have had to ride it out. I have had to diligently carve out time to sit, journal, and process. And every time I do, I realize that the very fingerprints of those children we held and loved on, have been imprinted upon my heart.  You never can shake experiences like that off of you. The more I process, the more I realize the desire in my heart only grows stronger.

You are never quite the same after coming back from a 3rd world country. It changes you. It changes the way you think. The way you live. So why does our culture expect you to pick back up where you left off and live the same way you were? It bothers me how that is what is expected. I don’t want to live the same way. I don’t want it to not change me. For it already has.  It changed me even before going.

...uganda was written on my heart and has impacted me more than I can describe… 

(picture: Kevin & I at the Bullrushes in Kampala)

1 comment:

Christy said...

joy these pictures are absolutely beautiful! so thankful the Lord blessed you with another amazing opportunity to serve!