Friday, February 25, 2011

good to be reminded...

last wednesday night i had the opportunity to go support one of my old campers at her basketball game. meet SALLY HIGGINS. she plays for west texas a&m had a game against tarelton state in stephenville; which is about an hour from where i live. 

i have been tremendously blessed by this girl. it has been such an honor to watch her grow since being in my cabin at k2 in 2007. that term will forever be etched on my heart and memory. i love the moments when i get reunited with campers. it definitely brings back all of the fun memories, but not only that. God uses those moments to reaffirm me in my role. to love. to invest into. to support. to encourage. to challenge. to disciple. to mentor. to raise up the next generation. and even though i fail daily with struggles of my own. i will keep going by the grace of God. i will keep spurring them on. i will keep praying for them. i will keep listening. i will keep being available for the Lord to speak through me. all i can truly offer is Jesus. and He alone is enough. He's more than enough to be quite honest...all that to say, i am grateful to be reminded of this and for the time spent with my dear friend Sally.

No comments: