Thursday, August 25, 2011

dad's journey continues...

every now and then, there are dates that i wish i didn't remember. dates that i wish didn't have a significance. before the actually date, its just a date. but after...well..it becomes a day that affects so many. it becomes a day full of sorrow. sadness. heaviness. tears. questions. thoughts. and so much more.

the date i am referencing to is august 8. that is the day my family got news the doctors found cancer cells in my dad's liver (it's the same cancer they had found in his esophagus and his adrenal gland). we don't know much more than that. and honestly, i am glad. that is enough to process for now. my dad will go back down in mid-october to do another scan then decide the treatment options.

interestingly enough, this came 1 week AFTER i booked my plane ticket to uganda. and my parents go back to the doctor 2 weeks AFTER i leave. i questioned it immediately...what do i do? do i go ahead and change my flight even though i don't know the outcome? do i wait? do i go?...

through the wavering, with much thought and prayer, i have to trust the Lord in this. He has taken care of my dad and my family from the very beginning of this 3 1/2 year journey. He has given us strength when we are weary. comfort when we are sorrowful. joy when we are in pain. He has lifted our heads when they lay low. He has covered us with peace when there was non before.

no one would choose the journey my family has walked through. but through it all God is continuously drawing us to Himself. He is leading us to trust Him more. He is revealing to us that there is deeper joy in the very center of it all. this journey is not about us. it's about HIM. He is using this to make much of Himself. He's wants us to see Him in it. and so i will choose that above all else!

i have to believe that EVERYTHING works together for our good and His Glory! i am still praying for ultimate healing for my dad. for his daily strength. for his joy. for his life. for his heart. for i will always have hope!

picture taken at a wedding in NM back in July.

i love you dad!

our blog for my dad's journey

No comments: