Monday, August 22, 2011

leaving on a jet plane...

well i did it. i booked my plane for uganda back on august 8.

i am leaving for "the pearl of africa" on september 26.


in 5 weeks....35 days...

i will pack it all up here in cleburne, texas and head east to the beautiful continent of africa that has always held a part of my heart.

it is surreal everyday now to think i will be walking the streets, interacting, conversing, praying with, dreaming with, teaching, mentoring, being taught, learning from and being challenged by those of another country, another race, another culture, another nation, another tribe...but in that, there is such beauty for we were created for just that. i can wait to experience ALL of what God has in store.

so from this day until i climb onto the plane, i will be doing the best i can in preparing my heart, my mind, and my spirit for the task ahead. i am beyond thankful for the community i have established here. for the support. for the prayers. for the love i have received.

my cup overflows...

No comments: