Monday, September 26, 2011

my last night in the states...

its almost 3am as i am writing this. my flight leaves in 13hrs. i am about to take my 3 bags and move to uganda. it has come so quickly and it all feels surreal. but as much as i can be, i ready. i'm ready to get back to my second home and i'm looking forward to sharing it with you!

on the eve of my departure, many of my family and friends came by to "send me off" to uganda. i absolutely loved getting to see so many people. my heart was encouraged by our conversations, prayers, and worship. what a beautiful picture of the body of Christ! i am so grateful for the relationships i have been blessed with here in cleburne. God has used each one to spur me on and make me more like Him. no matter where i am, God has been gracious to bless me with wonderful friendships. i am looking ahead to who He will introduce me with and allow me to walk next to in life while living in uganda.

here are a few pictures from tonight...
britt and i

my friend jennifer drove all the way from dallas! 
i just love her! thank you for coming! 

the buren 3


 sweet prayer time!

Vickie and some of the Ford crew!

 Britton, Anna (left); JJ and the girls plus josh (right)

dad and us

thank you again for everyone's love, support and prayers! seriously, my spirit has been lifted because of you. i anxiously look forward to sharing the journey with you! my love goes out to you and the next time you hear from me i will be in route or in uganda!!! :)

No comments: