Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The garden is growing!


With the passion fruits only being planted a few months ago, they are beginning to produce fruit! J I feel so blessed to have been there from the beginning of this new project with digging holes, to planting, to now seeing the vines growing with fruit. It's a beautiful illustration of how we may have a part in planting a spiritual seed, having someone else water and nurture it, but then watching God grow it, mature it, and transform it!  I’m telling you, if you look, you will Jesus in EVERYTHING!

the first fruits of the garden!
            
I sat down with Christopher and John (local ROWAN staff) to get a full update on the garden. We went through the pros and cons of it all. To be honest, I couldn’t help but see the progression since the last time I was in Mawanga; however, the staff saw what was lacking and still needed. Once I understood the status, I then felt what they felt. They are trying so hard to make things happen for the production of this garden, but when funds are lacking, there’s only so much to do. And if things don’t happen soon, the passion fruit project will not make it. You see here’s the situation…they have some poles for the vines to climb, but what they are up against is the ants and termites! They are EVERYWHERE on the poles. So what they NEED is ant spray to kill them off. In addition to the spray, they need more poles and wire to finish out the garden and do it right. :) There is a need for approximately 300 poles and about 100 meters of wire. To walk among the garden and see it with my own eyes, I can only imagine what our staff and our widows who planted the passion fruits are feeling every time they look out over their garden. In a way, it represents HOPE for them. They are putting all they have into making this work and by being there, I am only challenged more to wrap my arms around them and carry them through it! We have to! I believe God calls us to! 

Please be praying for the garden and how you can stand with them! 

Passion Fruit Garden


This is the remaining area of the garden that still needs poles and wire!

standing in the gap...

No comments: