Monday, December 29, 2008

Ministry Update!

WOW! I still can't believe that Christmas has come and gone already! This Fall has gone by so fast and so many things have happened that I want to give you an update on. I PRAISE GOD FOR ALL THAT HE HAS DONE. Thank you for being apart of this season! Okay well here are some of the exciting things that have happened...
  1. I started working for Family Legacy September 1. The past few months have been filled with so many NEW things in the ministry. God is doing so much and I only have time to give you a glimpse of it. Anyways, I have had the privileged of being the coordinator for the Sponsorship Program. As Mom would put it...I just inherited 10,000 kids. :) I have been so humbled each day as I go to work and be a voice for the kids in Zambia on this side of the world. On top of that, we have launched many projects throughout the fall that I have been able to help facilitate....Thanksgiving Day Project which was organizing and processing through all the letters written from the children to their Sponsors and sending those out so that each sponsor would know how much they mean to their child. Reading through the letters made my heart so happy! These children don't have much, but they are realizing how important it is to have prayer partners on the other side of the world fighting for them through prayer. Along with that, we launch our new Community Resource Centers. We have 18 centers throughout Lusaka, Zambia that are available for children to come as a safe-haven within their harsh communities.  We believe that being in the community with these children will have a greater impact in the lives of so many people! These centers have benefitted so many children so far and God continues to amaze us at how much He loves these children and desires to rescue them! Oh I just pray that more and more children will come to the Lord Jesus as their personal Savior!! Recently I have been working on our First Ever Christmas Project! We are actually going to have a Christmas Party for the child in Zambia. I can't wait!!! Organizing and getting things together for that has been quite the task, but very rewarding!! Keep praying that God will bless these precious children with His Love!! (Please check out the Family Legacy Blog for recent updates on the newest happenings of the ministry: www.legacymissions.org/blog)
  2. I have also continued to live with my sweet Aunt and Uncle. They have been quite the blessing! They have such big hearts and their generosity is out of this world!! I praise God daily for them and how loving they are! I have learned so much from them and they don't even know it! I can't believe that they have put up with me for almost 4 months now. I told them that it will probably be around 2 months that I would be living with them until I find somewhere else to live, but from the looks of it...I will be here for a little longer! I really do love where they live. It is so refreshing to come back to a 'Home'! I am so blessed and grateful for the family that I have had the honor of growing up with! (*Thanks Mom and Dad for raising me and instilling so many biblical principles and truths in my life! What you have done for so many years, is coming full circle.) I am praising the Lord above for providing a place for me to live during this transition in my life! I am still believing that God will provide a place for me to eventually move to when the timing is right. 
  3. Personally I have grown so much this Fall. God has been challenging me and taking me deeper in a relationship with Him. I have had to face many things, but in the end it was there to refine and shape me to be more like Christ. My heart is at a good place and I am loving the journey that God is leading me on. I have been studying the Song of Solomon this Fall and I have loved looking at scripture more in-depth. This study has really unveiled so many things that I would not have known if I didn't go through this study. I love how God's Word is so applicable in our lives - from understanding more of who I am in Christ, to really knowing the love that God has for me, and then experiencing all of that day-to-day! I wish that I could explain all the little things that my Beloved Jesus has been teaching me. To wrap it up in a few words..I am pursuing Jesus with all that I am as He leads me through each season of my life and I am seeking to faithfully obey Him no matter where He asked me to go.
  4. Financial Update...As the end of the year comes I have been significantly blessed by so many of you in your financial support over the past few months! I am so thankful for all that has come in thus far. It is not too late if you are wanting to support me. All you need to do is go to my link...www.legacymissions.org/joy and then follow the instructions or you can just click the link on the top right of my blog that says Joy's Donation Page. It would be such an honor to have you come alongside me as the Lord uses you and I both to bring His word to so many children. I am still praying that God will continue to provide month to month. I know that He will give what is needed at the time. Thanks so much for all your prayers too! God is moving and it is so exciting to what is ahead! I can't express to you enough just how humbled I am to have you partner with me in this ministry the Lord has called me to be in. My prayer is that God will return the blessing!  
I hope you all have had a blessed holiday with your family and friends! I pray that you all had the opportunity to reflect on what all that God has given and provided for you! Praise God that He loves us! 

Loving Him more and more,
Joy

Please pray for the weeks and months ahead...
>I depart for Zambia, Africa in 137 days and there is SO much to be done before then! Not only within Family Legacy, but outside of that too. I am in 2 weddings only 2 months apart (the first one is next weekend) and it will be an adventure trying to balance everything out! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joy...thank you. We love you so much and are sooo thankful you can be here with us. You truly are a total joy!
Judy