Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow...2009! I can't believe another year has come and gone. It really amazes me of just how good God is and where He has taken me. I am SO moved by the love and grace that the Lord has poured over me this year. I can't wait to see how God continues to use this year has a stepping stone for what is to come. I believe that the Lord has brought me full circle in several areas in my life. I won't list them out or re-explain them because I have already done that so many times in previous blogs. I just know that this year will be significant for reasons God only knows. I can't wait to see what all is to come...

As for my activities today for New Years...I actually jumped in the car with one of my really good friends, Sarah (who I first met in Zambia), and we headed to the ranch for the day. We ate lunch with my parents and Grandma. We have a food tradition on New Years : Mexican Corn Bread and Black Eyed Peas. It is sooo good!! My Mom has always made me eat at least 1 black eyed pea ever since I was little to have a prosperous year...and now I eat several spoon fulls!! Haha!! Anyways, we had a nice lunch, watched a little football, and then saddled the horses and rode for a couple hours before we headed back home.  It was a good day having some quality time with a great friend and my family! 
*Me and Sarah riding the bay and poncho*
I hope all of you have enjoyed the holidays and are getting yourself ready to venture back into the work schedule. I know that I have thoroughly enjoyed these relaxing days, BUT now..it's time to get back to work and tackle some projects!! Have a great weekend! 

Loving Jesus more everyday,
Joy 

No comments: