Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Colorado Trip & Wedding #2

Well my time in Colorado was wonderful and I loved being with my family every minute! I couldn't believe how nice the weather was for winter skiing in Colorado. Usually this time of year it's in the single digits...which sometimes is way too cold for me to be on the mountain. However, it was in the 20's the whole week. We got some snow the first few days we were there which made the skiing even more perfect! My nephew and 2 nieces picked right back up on their skills on the slopes. It was so fun watching them come down the mountain just laughing and singing. And I have you know that my nephew, Jesse, tried snowboarding for the first time and did amazing!! All in all, it was a great trip that went way too fast! :(
Here are few videos...
*JJ (my sister) and Ruth and Esther Skiing*

*This was the most hilarious thing ever!

*Riding up to go to dinner
(the building you see is where we stay)

As soon as I got back, I had my second wedding to go to! YIKES! My sweet friend, Regan, from Baylor was getting married in Fort Worth. It was a beautiful ceremony and fun reception. I got to see a lot of my college friends including roommates and chi o's. That is one thing that I love about Weddings is that it brings everybody together for such fun events. I was definitely exhausted after all of that and needed a couple of days to recoup before jumping back in to work after being gone for 10 days. I love traveling and doing fun things, but when you have a lot of on your plate back at work...it's really hard to hit the ground running again.

I have managed to gradually begin catching back up on things here at Family Legacy. This is our busy season and with each day that passes it's brings us one day closer in leaving for Zambia. I can't believe that I have 114 days left...AHH...so much to do!! God has been so good through it all and as we merge closer and closer to our departing date, I can't help but just thank the Lord for all that He has done! I am still so humbled each day to come and be an advocate for these orphans in Zambia. 

This weekend I get to finally go to a conference!!! It's World Mandate in Waco, Tx. The church I went to at Baylor is called Antioch Community Church and they are the ones who host this conference each year. What I love so much about it is that you get to hear what God is doing in so many other parts of the world and how He uses ordinary people to do extrodinary things for His Glory and Name. I love worshipping as a corporate church with those who have a passion for Jesus and His purposes on earth. I can't wait!! 

Walking Deeper with Him,
Joy

No comments: