Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Leg # 2 Complete: I made it to Zambia!

Paige, Holly, and I arrived at the airport bright and early Tuesday morning at 6am...

Lusaka Airport...


Once we left the airport we headed over to Mulungushi Village where we live for the summer. Home Sweet Home!!

This is a picture of our Villa. 

Before we got too far in the day we went over to Arcades and exchanged money but also ate at La Mimosa's. It's a restaurant in town that is a common stop.


A little bit later we went out to see some of our kids in the community. Our first stop was to the LIFEWAY Homes in Chilenje. I got to see precious little Emma. She is doing well and reading soooo good! Below is a picture of us!

Then...we went over to the Kamanga CRC to see my precious kiddos!! Maggie and Susan have grown since the last time I saw them back in August. They both are doing well and seem happy! Maggie just ran and jumped into my arms!

Here is cute little Mags..

We took all the kids some Millimeal, cooking oil, a frozen chicken, milk, sugar, kapenta (little fish), tomatoes, cabbage, soap, washing powder, and some sweets!

Here is all of us!! 
(Left to Right)
Susan, Doreen (I'm holding her), Maggie, Peter, Junior, and Joseph

Our first day here was sooo great! It's very encouraging to see the kids that you love so much and to know that they remember you! I have loved being back already!! 

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my dear friend, I'm glad you have made it safe and sound. You are going to have such a wonderful summer and I'm so proud of you for falling God's lead in your life and being a woman who is obedient to Him at all costs and without limits! I'll be praying for this transition season and for a fruitful summer. You are beautiful my friend. Love, Amber

Unknown said...

Praying for you in New Braunfels!!! I just returned home from the Christian Alliance For Orphans Summit in Dallas. I am excited about all the opportunities to serve the 143+ million orphans in this world. We are considering adopting an orphanage in Zambia for VBS!!! Enjoy your time with God's children! Blessings to you!!!!