Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Past Few Days

This video has been long awaited but I wanted to show you my room. I took this video the first day I arrived. Those are mosquito nets you see around our beds...and yes they are still out and about! 


Yesterday Heather, Paige, and I went to Kamwala Market to find couches for the Children's Village we are opening and I was modeling the different ones we were looking at. There weren't many options as you can see we had choices of this lovely orange color and green.

Heather and I sitting in the chair that we liked. We are going a love seat, a sofa, and a chair for each house. They are going to look so great!

Today (wednesday), I stayed at the Villa to work on some things on my computer. When you are out on the ground seeing kids and having meetings it's hard to catch up on emails. Plus we just had several projects to do on the computer. It was nice to get some things done. I went for a run this afternoon and then got back in time to cook a delicious meal!! We are trying to do our best of cooking a variety of things so tonight we made Spaggetti, salad, and had bread. It was probably one of my favorites so far. 

Tomorrow, we have our first big staff meeting with all our Zambian staff. Greer arrived yesterday and we are finally ready to get together with our team here. It's exciting and we are ready to begin the preparation for Camp LIFE which is only a few weeks away. Within the next few days we have several more of our American Staff arriving so please pray for their safe travels. We actually had one staff member miss his flight and he had to stay at London for 2 extra days....anyways, I'm off to bed.

Prayer Request:
>For the Opening of the Children's Village (we have so many things to accomplish in a short amount of time)
>For wisdom in knowing the timing of everything
>For God to lead us in the direction we need to go
>For my time spent with the Lord to multiple and for richness
>For the Lord to utilize my gifts in discerning the situations of the kids that I see daily
>For wisdom to know which first 12 kids (out of 300) kids need to move into the Children's Village (we are in the evaluation process right now)

Many Blessings,
Joy

No comments: