Sunday, June 7, 2009

Camp LIFE Week #1

I can't believe the first week of Camp LIFE is over...It was a blast being there with the kids and seeing them really understanding God's Love for them. I didn't know that I would be at camp this week because of my other responsibilities, but I am so thankful that I was there. I got to meet some precious kiddos...one in particular is Agness. She is 9 years old but looks like she is 5. The reason I say that is because of the effects of malnutrition and the neglect she endures. She had such a joyful spirit in her and when she saw me she would drop everything and run!! I have been trying to pick up the language a little more and surprisingly enough I am able to ask some basic questions.

*I was flying a kite for the kids at the Tree of LIFE Children's Village*
 

*This is Sara Lungu - PRECIOUS!! She will be coming to the Tree of Life Children's Village in a couple weeks! I just love this little one!! 


Anyways, week one was amazing! I still can't believe that the Lord has called me to this. I am blown away every day to wake up and have the opportunity to go love on children that are in such need. We actually heard a sermon about "Being Called by the Grace of God" on sunday. One of our very own Family Legacy Staff in Zambia spoke upon your calling and what that look likes. It was so powerful and encouraging. Pastor Angel explained that God does not call you because of your past, or from where you are now, or even what you will become in the future...but He is calling you because of HIS Grace!! We have to keep looking straight ahead and not at how God has called other people. We have been called for a specific purpose and given a divine assignment...which is to display Christ to others and to make HIM known to those who don't know Him. 

I hope everyone is doing well. Please be praying for energy. I've been battling being sick over the past few days. Many Blessings to you all! I'm going to to try to post some videos and pictures of camp. 

Love you all! 

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh sweet Joy...tears welll up in my eyes as well as I read your blog and picture you there with that huge smile and heart full of grace being Jesus in skin to these kids and families. I LOVED what you shared about being called by God's grace. I sooo understand that calling! I can't wait to do that every day with my new kids. Know that we love you so much and continue to pray for you.