Saturday, June 27, 2009

One Adventurous Week...

So I know it's been awhile since I have posted and there are many reasons behind it...

Monday I had the privilege of moving in a precious girl named Selah into one of our Community Resource Centers. Her home life situation is one that is too much to fully explain but she has been raped numerous times. At camp she had no emotion and would not look up at you. She was stone cold and it was so difficult for me to see this precious child in such pain and hurt. To make a long story short, I was thrilled to usher this child in to a safe place where there are Godly women loving on her and providing her with so much than she has ever dream. Selah was timid at first and didn't know what to think, but 2 days later I went back to see her and it was a complete transformation!! She ran up to me with a huge smile on her face and gave me a big hug. I couldn't believe my eyes. This little girl now has joy and life in her!! It was amazing to see!
This is sweet Selah...

Tuesday and Wednesday I went around to evaluate more Community Resource Centers. We are moving in 80 children and we want to make sure that all our CRC's are up to running as a house would run. It's pretty exciting to be a part of something that allows children to be rescued 1 at a time. 

Three girls who moved into the Matero CRC: Joyce, Given, and Grace

Thursday I spent a full day at Immigration!!! I almost had to leave the country!! I overstayed my visa, but with the grace and mercy of the immigration officer they allowed me to extend my visa. It was a new experience and pretty intense to say the least. My heart was beating the whole time and I wanted to make sure I did everything I was told. Finally, we were given the "yes" and we paid our penalty and got out of there. :) I have never been that nervous in my life. haha 

Friday I went to go pick up a child and bring her into a CRC. I was also able to check on the kids that have already moved in. God is soooo good! I love being able to see the quick transformation in the lives of these children.
Some kids at the Garden Hill Compound
 

This weekend has slowed done for a little bit and now we are going into the "break week"...haha. I mean even though it's a break week, there is still so much to be done. I am looking forward to what God does this week. More kids will be moving into these centers. Please be praying for the transition and all the different things that have to happen. God is going to be moving in mighty ways and it's so exciting to be a part of it. 

I will hopefully put more pictures and videos up soon. Thanking the Lord for all of you! 

2 comments:

Amber said...

Joy, I'm so glad that you got to stay because I know God is doing so much by your presence there!! I'm so proud of you and very excited about all that is going on with these children. I'm excited for Beard and Garrett and hope you all have such a great time the rest of the summer. Praying for you and lots of love!

Anonymous said...

ANdrew thought missing his flight was bad.....but maybe being kicked out of the country is worse!!!