Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Whatever it takes..

We wrapped up our 5th week of Camp LIFE on Friday and it was absolutely amazing! So many children were set free of the bondage they were in and now their lives will never be the same. This goes for the Americans too! Every night we have people stand up and share a story of what God did in them that day. Praise God for how mighty and powerful He is. It’s so incredible to hear how God has changed them and used them to minister to the kids here. 

Saturday and Sunday were so refreshing for me. I was able to catch up on sleep, get some much needed time with the Lord, and spend some quality time with my dear friends. I now have 4 of my friends here and I have loved every minute of it so far!! God is so good in blessing me with the friends I have!! During church on Sunday we had Pastor Angel speak and it was so challenging to hear because it was directly from the Lord! The title was “Serving God’s Purpose in this Generation”. We went through what it really means to know God’s purpose and His assignment He has given you to do today. We discussed how you were born into your generation for a specific purpose. We shouldn’t be wishing to be born in another generation, but this one was specific for you to live out your assignment God gave you. No matter what, you must live out your purpose today! Whatever it takes to fulfill the assignment given to you, do it!

Working everyday to provide a place for children to have a place of refuge and transformation is my purpose here. To make a way for another child to be rescued and restored is amazing to be a part of! God has washed HIS grace, HIS love, and HIS redemption over each one of these kids so far and it’s only the beginning…

Week 6 has kicked off and I’m working hard to move more kids in to CRC’s. Please pray for everything to line up smoothly. Satan is attacking this in every way and I am in need of some major prayers. Thanks!

Be Blessed,

Joy

3 comments:

Judy said...

Oh Joy, I need your Poppy Seed recipe. And YES, I'm praying for you and your kids. I know that's way more important, but I'm at Jess's and I wanted to cook it for her, but left the recipe at home. :-( If you read this before Monday, July 20th, email/facebook the ingredients to me. i think I remember but I don't want to mess it up. Love you more than you know. Judy

Kristin said...

Hi Sweet Joy,
You continue to be in my prayers as I think of you often. Love reading about all that God is doing! Look for my precious friend Angie Friddle - she is there for the next two weeks. I think you guys met last summer. Praying for all that God is doing in Zambia. Love you friend!
Kristin

Mike and Suzi :) said...

I think I have a friend from high school who is there at camp with you right now. What are the chances of that! Her name is Katie. I was reading her blog and one of the stories to wrote about broke my heart. What you do is amazing!