Friday, January 7, 2011

Passion 2011: part 1

"YES, LORD
walking in the way of your laws - 
WE WAIT FOR YOU
YOUR NAME and RENOWN are 
the DESIRES of OUR HEARTS." isaiah 26:8

"may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight O LORD,
MY ROCK and MY REDEEMER"...."may my prayer be set before you like incense; 
may the lifting of my hands be like the evening sacrifice"..."my eyes are fixed on YOU, 
O SOVEREIGN LORD." psalm 19:14; 141:2,8

as i sat in barnes & noble in tennessee. i began preparing my heart for the passion conference in atlanta. you don't quite know what to expect when you enter a 4 day conference like passion. but in that you go with high expectations of God meeting us there. and he did. 

this was what i wrote in my journal...

"Holy God, i ask that you come pour yourself over us this weekend at Passion. it is not the event that will change us, but YOU, O Lord! you are the reason we gather. you are the reason we live and breath. you alone are the common thread among us. Lord, fall afresh on us. let your word speak. let the spirit move..."

God took this prayer and fulfilled it. in every song given in worship. in every word spoken by those that spoke. our hearts were stirred for Him!

because of Jesus...

No comments: