Wednesday, March 9, 2011

hustle and bustle

last weekend was my first free weekend since christmas. crazy as that sounds, i've loved doing different things each weekend. whether it's coaching at tournaments (majority of my weekends), going on road trips, or leading a disciple now. i have loved every opportunity.

i actually got to do something really special last saturday night. it may seem small to some of you. but to me, it's the greatest thrill and brings joy to my heart when i get to do this. to make a long story short, i went to help my friend jenn babysit 2 kiddos satruday night. the oldest boy, alex, is 3 1/2 years old and the baby is hattie beth and she is just 1 month old. i couldn't wait to snuggle her! anyways, when i saw her swaddled up in her basinet, my heart was full. you see the last time i snuggled babies and they fell asleep on me was when i was in uganda 6 months ago. i held this little one as much as i could that night. i realized how i love to love children and babies.

i not only have gotten to love on babies, but also 5 incredible kids. i have been playing the "mom" role as my sister and her husband have been out of town this week. i had always wondered how it would be to have a child and even several at that. sooo...i finally got the opportunity to know what it would be like. it has been all but calm around here, but juggling the schedule has been so good for me.

i can't tell you how much i have learned from this experience. i have been challenged in so many ways and God continues to use EVERY opportunity for His purposes and greater good. i wore many different "hats" this week in doing multiple activities, but through all the craziness i have loved every minute of it! i will cherish this week with my nephew and nieces. my respect for moms, and all they do for their children, has gone out the roof!

much love to my beloved mom..and with that, i can't wait to love my own children one day...

No comments: