Tuesday, March 22, 2011

not my words

lately i have recognized the weight of my own words versus the weight of God's word. whether it is through giving encouragement to someone or even praying for someone... 

my words are weak, failing, and unstable. God's words are strong, never failing, and unchanging.

my words are here today, gone tomorrow. God's words are the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow

my words can not change a person. God's word can change a person from the inside out

i have realized that when i try to encourage people by using my own ideas, opinions, or words there is no weight to them because they are my words. BUT...when i allow God to use me as HIS voice to speak, only HIS words come out. HIS very word was written for me and for you. so when i open and share God's words with those who may need it. the encouragement is greater. the comfort is stronger. the joy is more abundant. the strength to press on rises within. and the transformation of a heart begins to take place. it is HIS word that penetrates deeply (Heb 4:12) and for that reason, it is not my words but HIS alone.

here is some recent scripture i have shared with a dear friend of mine. and in sharing what God says, i am also lifted and strengthen by the TRUTH of it all! 

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance 
of the Lord will bring you today. 
The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." 
Exodus 14:13-14

"The Lord is my strength and my song. 
He has become my salvation, 
He is my God and I will praise Him...
The Lord is a warrior, the Lord is His Name." 
Exodus 15:2-3

"So do not fear, for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
 I will strengthen you and help you; 
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand...
For I am the Lord, your God, 
who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 
'Do not fear; I will help you..." 
Isaiah 41:10, 13

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 
See I am doing a new thing! 
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
 I am making a way in the desert
 and streams in the wasteland."
 Isaiah 43:18

thankful for my God's word and how i can claim HIS truth over my life and in my circumstances right now! 

to the One who is worthy to be praised...(Ps 18:3)

joy

No comments: