Monday, November 24, 2008

8 months ago...

Today is actually a very significant day...8 months ago, my Dad was diagnosed with stage 3 Esophageal Cancer! My families' world was turned upside down that day!! I can't believe that it's only been 8 months...it seems like it's been over a year of going through all that we have gone through. Plus, 4 months ago from Saturday, July 22, was my Dad's surgery.

As Thanksgiving is only just a couple of days away, I can't help but be thankful for my Dad's life and for him still being here with us today! The Lord has surely carried me and all of my family through such a difficult season. My dad still has a long way to go before FULL recovery but he is making it. Every day is a NEW day and we are so thankful for the progress we have seen in my dad thus far! We give the Lord constant praise for holding us up throughout these 8 months and making each of us even stronger! Thank you all for praying for my family and I. We can't express to you how much of a blessing it is to have you walking next to us!

God is still our Hope, our Joy , our Comfort, Strength, Provider, Shepherd, Healer, Conquerer, Saviour, Lord, and the one we give all the GLORY to!! I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!! I pray that God will pour out an abundant blessing to you!! Know that I am truly grateful for you! Love you all!!

Praising the Lord,
Joy

No comments: