Thursday, November 13, 2008

Weekend recap and Busy Week....

Well to give you a recap of this week I will make it short and sweet because I'm afraid I would bore you all with the details...sooo...

Last weekend was great! On Saturday I slept in for the first time in a while and went to my cousin's baby shower at Botanical Gardens in Fort Worth. It was my first time there and it was beautiful!! I really want to go back and just walk around outside. But anyways, I got to see my mom, sister, nieces, and more family!! (Pictures Below)
*Mom, (my 3 nieces: Ruth, Esther, & Anna), Me, and JJ*
*Mom and her daughters*
It was great to see them and it made me excited about our holiday events that are coming fast around the corner. After that, I came back home (to my aunts house) and took a nice jog before my good friend Lauren Shoush came over to eat dinner, watch football, and eat brownies! We had so much fun just talking, laughing and feeling like fat kids! haha...I mean we kept justifying that it was "okay" to eat as much as we wanted because we both had gone running earlier in the day. BUT we are planning to do it again soon! : ) 

Sunday was sooo busy running around town doing normal errands that I have not been able to do in my normal weekly schedule. My afternoon was spent at Southlake Town Center. It has been my favorite place to go as I was growing up and I just love that I am only 15 minutes away from the best little shopping center!! It's especially great when it's all decorated for Christmas. Anyways, I dropped off my Mac to get repaired, ran into a few smalls shops and grabbed Starbucks. What else could be better on a fall night!?!? Might I had that my Macbook crashed and now I basically have a brand new computer - I lost everything I had from the past 2 years!! Pictures, Videos, Music....GONE!! : ( I guess this is a good analogy of storing our treasure's in heaven because earthly things can be taken from us so quickly. (That sounded cheesy, but my Aunt said that to me so if she said it then it's okay to share - haha) 

My weekend wasn't all too restful with the week I had ahead; however, it was so fun! This week has been quite busy with all the projects and things I am responsible for. I don't even want to try to explain things because it just overwhelms me a bit. Tomorrrow (Friday) is supposed to be my big mail out day...I feel pretty on top of everything with printing out over 800 address labels, scanning over 1000 letters, organizing all the letters written from our kids, and separate them by community schools...Yikes...I have also had to learn to work more in-depthly with our database so that I can fix any issue (hopefully) on the website concerning our kids. It's CRAZY!! Even though I feel like I am not making a dent in any projects I am becoming an expert in soaking up as much information as possible and then somehow spitting out the right answer! : ) 

But seriously, doing all these different projects and seeing all these new things in Family Legacy excites me sooo much!! As God is moving here, He is moving in Zambia. I actually spoke with Holly again today and she said that there is so much happening on that side already! PRAISE THE LORD!! We are seeing so much progress and it's only been a few months. Just think of what the outcomes will be like when several more months pass by...

I can't believe that it's almost the weekend...I CAN'T WAIT!! Tomorrow is my Dad's Birthday so we are going to have a little party for him on Sunday. I will be relaxing Saturday while watching football and then heading to church at The Village that evening. Sunday I'll be down at the ranch all day!! I am so thankful for a place that I can get away and just embrace the presence of the Lord! It's almost like I can breath a little easier out there! I will try to post pictures of this upcoming weekend.

Well sorry that I said this was going to be short and sweet...what can ya do? 

Hope you all have had a great week and enjoy your weekend! 

Focused on Him,
Joy

1 comment:

Brian and Jessica Ross said...

I'm happy that your job is going so well!!! I wanted to let you know that all of the music you gave me this summer is still on my Ipod so over Christmas break you can get it back! :-) So you didn't lose all your music after all! Love you!