Saturday, February 21, 2009

Simply Humbled

I can't believe another week has come and gone! I feel like they just keep going faster and funny enough, I need them to slow down!! Has anyone every wished that you could press the pause button on your life?? I have thought that many times, but I guess the Lord wants us to learn to adjust with each passing moment. I don't have much exciting news, but I did want to share something you...On Friday, it finally hit me...

I leave for Zambia, Africa in 10 weeks! In the past when I would think about how long until I would leave, I would usually get overwhelmed with all the tasks and "to dos" that I would need to get done. However, it was completely different yesterday...

I had this beautiful rush of joy, humility, love, and encouragement. I am about to leave the states and go love these children in Zambia without reservation. I have been behind a desk for several months now, but soon I will be walking the streets with the poor, orphans, widows, and those stricken with diseases. I will have the incredible privilege of sharing the hope of salvation and love of Christ to these battered, bruised, hopeless and lifeless people. As I was thinking about this yesterday, all I could say was, "WOW! I really get to do this? How do I, of all people, get to do this?"

Sometimes it's difficult to imagine the other side of things when you get overwhelmed with all the other demands and tasks. When you want to be somewhere else, it's hard to be content in the meantime. God has stretched and challenged me with that very lesson almost every day over the past months. What's amazing about what the Lord does is that He is perfect in His timing! He knows our desires and longings and during the waiting period, He is at work preparing us for what is to come even though we may be blind to it. And then when He has prepared us, He will send us! :) How amazing is that?!

I am moved beyond words in how the Lord is allowing me to be apart of what He is doing on the other side of the world. I want to tell all of you..THANK YOU! Thank you for praying, for encouraging me, for walking alongside of me, for financially supporting me, and for letting the Lord use you! I wish I could express to you all how much you mean to me and how much God has used you already in my life! I pray that God would reward each of you for every prayer prayed, for every dollar donated, and for every time you remember what God is doing through the ministry I work for. What a true blessing you all have been!

"The earth is the Lord's and everything in it, the world,
and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas
and established it upon the waters.

Who may ascend the hill of the Lord?
Who may stand in HIS holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to an idol...
He will receive blessing from the Lord
and vindication from God His Savior

Such is the generation of those who seek Him,
who seek Your face, O God of Jacob."
Psalm 24:1-6



I hope you all are doing well!

Seeking Jesus more and more,
Joy

No comments: