Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh Happy Day

What a whirlwind it has been....

My weekend in Arkansas was so much fun! I just loved going up there to not only help work on wedding stuff with Stephanie, but to see some of my dearest friends!! It really was refreshing for my heart to have such intentional conversations about life and what we are learning from the Lord. I praise God for the sweet friends I have up there! (You all know who you are :) ) Anyways, I ran around with Stephanie all day Friday getting little things for her wedding in 3 weeks. We went out to dinner that night with Garrett (Stephanie's Fiancee) to one of my favorite places : Cozymels. Saturday and Sunday were filled with working on some things for her reception and then her two showers! After a fun-filled weekend, I jumped back into my car and got back home extremely late, but it was worth it. It's moments like that where the trip was long, but I got to spend some great quality time with those I just love! 

This week at work has been quite the week! I am almost done with another project that consists of getting all the Christmas Letters and pictures, that were taken at our Christmas Party that we had in Zambia, together and out in the mail to all our sponsors. It's been fun to see their cute little faces and read their letters. On top of that, I have had some NEW information come my way about me being in Zambia this year. The first thing that I can share with you is that my departure date has bumped up almost 2 weeks!! AHH...just thinking about leaving a lot earlier is so fun, but I have so much to do by then! So that means instead of leaving May 15 I am NOW leaving May 3 !! That is less than 3 months!! Oh my goodness!!! 

Anyways, I hope you all have a great weekend! Enjoy it with your Valentine...I mean only if you have one. Haha... I am not sure if you have traditions, but my family has had traditions for Valentine's Day for as long as I can remember. One of my favorites is...we bake the best red velvet cake ever! :) (If you have been around to taste it, then you know what I mean!) I still try to do that no matter where I am or who I'm with. 

Be Blessed!

Resting in Him,
Joy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy,
I have finally sat down long enough to get caught up on your blogs. You do a great job of communicating and the site is great. It is great to be able to have a small part in your endevours and we pray that God will use you mightily.
Blessings,
Jim and Micah