Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Hardest Days

Last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were the most difficult days that I knew were coming. I had to say bye to my precious Zambian family I have come to know and love so much while I have been here. I went to Camp LIFE on Friday and I LOVED being there with everyone and soaking in the last hours with ALL our Zambian staff. As the day came to an end, all the Americans together while the Zambians circled around then worshipping the Lord and then at once they all began to pray over us. It was an amazing moment! I was sitting there and then my sweet friend Martha sat behind me and held me. The next thing I knew my chin was dripping with tears and I couldn't control the emotion I had. Leaving this 2nd family I had developed is so difficult and painful at times, but I knew it was time.
Steph, Christy and I on the last day of 
Week 8, Camp LIFE 2009
Steph, Garret and I right after we loaded up kids from Camp LIFE

Last Thursday afternoon I got to go see Anderson Tembo who lives in Chainda. I went to find him and ended up going to his house. These are all the kids that ended up there because they new about the Mazungu's (white people). 
I'm holding Anderson in the back, 
but all these kids were all around us that afternoon.
Walking back to the Avondale CRC in Chainda
Me with some of the kids


 Saturday wasn't easy either because that day I had to say bye to my precious kiddos in the CRC's. My first stop was at Kaunda Square where I saw Selah, Bridget, and Alice (a new girl who I got to move in Wednesday of last week). As I was talking to our Staff members I noticed that Selah was not around. I was quickly informed that she was in her room, on her bed, crying. I went in there and found her curled up in a ball just crying uncontrollably. I curled up next to her and then I began crying too. She was the first girl I got to move in and be apart of her life changing. I have never felt such heartache in leaving a sweet child. She means so much to me and I consider her to be my daughter. Anyways, I sat with her and tried to explain that I was coming back. She just looked at me with her tears in her eyes and wondering why I had to leave. Oh how I was overwhelmed with such sadness...

Next stops were Ibex, Matero, and Garden Hill. I had kids in each one of these CRC's and it was so hard to tell to the kids that I had to leave. Their sweet faces went from such joy to such sadness. I have lots of pictures with them that I will post later. Once I finished making my rounds to those CRC's I met up with the rest of our team and went out to dinner for my last night. We got back at 9 and then I had a long night of packing and tying up loose ends. I didn't go to bed until about 4am and then I had to get up and head to my last church at the Tree of LIFE. 

What a way to end my time in Zambia...church at the land with all 64 children. The singing, praying, reading of scripture, and sweet faces of these beautiful children was amazing! Soon after that, I had to say a quick good-bye and get to the airport. The whole time I was praying.."Lord, if you want me to stay here for a little longer, I know you will make a way and not let me get on the plane"...to be continued on next post...

No comments: