Sunday, October 2, 2011

enjoying these days

tomorrow is my first official day at ISU. i'm so ready to get on a normal schedule! it really has been nice to have a relaxing first few days but i'm looking forward to it picking up. i believe the Lord wants me to be a good steward of my time and energy. i am choosing to be thankful though for these days because i know down the road i will be wanting some restful days. :)

yesterday the girls (amy, emma, ellie & i) met up with another MAF family (jill, esther, & arriana who live down the street). we went down to the mall area for a few errands. it ended up being a much more fun outing then we anticipated. on top of the crazy traffic & torrential down pour of rain we enjoyed our time away from the house. our first stop was getting lunch at this pizza place, then off to a furniture & lamp store, then we got our toes done (which was a nice treat). we ended up staying until dinner time and ate at a place called ranchers. this place reminded me so much of being in texas. crazy enough, they had steak! it wasn't bad. its always fun to try places like this in uganda. you just never know what you're going to get. TIA!

driving into kampala

i loved this store! so many fun lamps! 

today we went to church at KBC (kampala baptist church). i met more people from different countries. it amazes me that so many foreigners are here in one place. there are australians, britts, scots, and more. i will be meeting more people from varies places tomorrow as i start my first day of school with graham. i am looking forward to it and what doors the Lord opens up for me. my prayer is that God will continue to go before me and lead me with every step. my eyes and heart are open to whatever is in front of me!

i also got to speak with kelsey about some upcoming ROWAN things. yay!! i am going to be meeting pastor paul and david mafula (both are on staff) on wednesday night. hopefully we will discuss when i will get to head out to the village. kels is working up a few projects i can do this side with the people in the village. pray that the timing of when i go and the coordinating of it all will work out! i REALLY want to get out there as soon as i can! my heart is for the rural. praying about going the week i have off school in a few weeks. i want to spend as long as i can there within the school schedule i'm on. :)


 that's it for now. but here are a few pics of the kiddos i get to hang out with..

daniel, amy (our neighbors little girl), and emma
(missing 3 kids from the rodger's family)

sweet elly!

here's my room for those who are wondering...

No comments: