Saturday, October 22, 2011

prayers for dad

after spending a week away i am now back trying to catch up. my time spent in mawanga village was beautiful. God continues to press in on me what He wants me to see. i will share all i can as i get my thoughts together. but first i want to stop and ask for prayer...

as i was away this week in eastern uganda, my parents back in texas went to houston for a check up on my dad's status. i read in an email last night after get back that the spot the doctors had initially found on his liver had grown. plus there may be additional spots in the liver and even possibly in his abdomen. 

these are not the words i wanted to read. it's not what any of my family wanted to hear. but i will remain hopeful. i will always remain hopeful. because hope does not disappoint. my God remains faithful. He remains good. He remains sovereign. He remains strong. i will keep claiming the truth of who my God is! He will overcome! 

my heart hurts to not be with them. it's difficult to hear news like this when i am so far away. so again i ask for prayer on behalf of my family. for my dad. for my mom. for my siblings. for my nieces & nephews. for all who have been a part of this journey. another 10 weeks then they return to rescan and evaluate once more. thankfully, that appointment will be during the time i will be back in the states for a couple weeks during christmas. 

thank you for standing with us in this battle! 

my God, YOU are here with us
constantly here with us
YOU are our everything, 
Faithful and True
(Constant - Charlie Hall)

No comments: