Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 23: New Name

If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? 
i don't know if i could introduce myself any differently then joy. it's actually a rare name and there are only a handful of us out there. it's always fun meeting other joy's in the world. it's also a constant reminder to live out my name. a challenge i face daily. to be joyful and bring joy to other people. at times it's who i am called, but other times it's an emotion and expression to feel or experience. that is especially evident during the christmas holidays. so many songs have my name in it and i often have a song or two sung to me throughout the christmas season. it's pretty funny and always brings a smile to my face (i actually think those who are singing to me enjoy it more than i do..:) ). however, my name versus the emotion is quite different. when i stop and think about it, i feel honored to be called by the name joy. i feel honored to be catalyst of bringing joy to people (Christ as the center of my joy). i fail at that many times though. but it doesn't keep me from striving to love people and hoping they too will have joy that only comes from the Heavenly Father. i am thankful to bear this name. even though it may be heavy at times to live out. i am thankful Christ has given unto me.
Joy (Latin)
"joyful" or "joyful one"

No comments: