Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 29 – Defining Moment

Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.


well again, there isn't one moment because i know there were many days that have affected me. two that come to mind are coaching my club volleyball kids this past spring and then my trip to uganda
i didn't realize how much i would love coaching. i love the sport of volleyball. i love the competition. the strategy. the passion. and i love teaching kids something i love. but on top of that, i love coaching kids in life. i found out this past spring that not only coaching kids in a sport can have an impact, but coaching kids in their daily life. encouraging them. talking with them. challenging them. and listening. all of it affected me in how i view the perspective on coaching kids. i got to have many in-depth conversations with some of my kids and it blessed me so much! i am so excited about this new group of kids as i pour into them and get into their world. what a privilege it is to be able to coach kids. 


my trip to uganda also had a significant impact on me this year. i haven't been to that country before and each one is different in it's own way. the people. the country. the atmosphere. the children i met. the stories i heard. the brokenness felt. the sadness endured. it all impacted me significantly. after holding babies who at one time weighed right at 1 lb. babies who look newborn but are actually 6 months old. babies who were never loved by their mothers or fathers. how could it not affect me? how could my heart not be stirred? my heart hurt in many ways. but in the midst of it all. hope was rising for these children. they are now growing, being raised up, and becoming leaders for their country. i believe anytime i get to meet, love on, and get to know people outside of the US, my life is impacted. it's changed forever. 

No comments: