Saturday, December 18, 2010

facing the daily prompts

every time i sit down to blog, i have writer's block. i am not sure why. i think it might be too many things going on in my head or in my life to hinder me from focusing on one thing. 

so as we are in mid-december i can't help but reflect on 2010. my friend bekah introduced me to REVERB10. it's a way to reflect on the year and look ahead to what next year holds. every day there are prompts given for you to answer. some are more challenging then others, but it's one way i can focus in one thing at a time. so here it goes...i'm picking up in the middle with 2 weeks until 2011. i may complete the earlier prompts as we enter into the new year. we will see...

Today's Prompt: Dec 18 - TRY
What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?

ok lets be honest. who want's to admit that they would try something and then didn't? well i will admit it. i am one of those people. i remember i said for my 2010 goal i wanted to run a half-marathon. did that happen? no. i actually remember telling several people and i even started to get some mileage under my feet. however, it was a fail. i didn't reach that goal. now i am back to ground zero. maybe i will be more discipline in 2011 to go through with it. maybe i will actually be successful. time will tell. 

as for 2011. i don't want to simply just try. to me that means.."crossing your fingers. you hope it will work. you aren't necessarily confident that it will. but you will try it and see. accepting failure if it may come." i don't want to just hope it will work. i want to be confident that it will. i don't want to just try. i want to give all that i can and have to achieve it. whatever it may be. so my goal is to go for it. confidently. believing in myself. and believing in the ONE who has gone before me. that may be running in a race or it may be something far greater than just a race. whatever it may be. i will accept it with great confidence from the Lord.

joy

No comments: